The other day, someone asked me what I was thinking about and I said, “Christmas.”
They laughed, but I wasn’t joking.
In the middle of the weirdest year ever, I needed to be reminded that Christmas was still happening. That it was still a thing at the end of the year that would not be postponed, rescheduled or moved to March. The Mariah Carey train had already left the station and it was headed my way.
So has 2021.
That year is headed our way and it is going to be glorious.
I’m choosing to see it as the big, blank, wonderfully empty slate it is. The year 2020 will be in the rearview mirror, the election (for us Americans) will be over and we’ll have an entire new year to play with.
If there was ever a year where a big, physical reminder of that was necessary, it’s this one. I’ve never had such a sense of hope unrolling my new 2021 Finish Calendar like I’ve had this year. I’ve always used it as a productivity tool to plan my goals and my adventures, but this year is different.
This year, it’s a beacon of possibility. An empty canvas that I get to paint on all year long and I can’t wait.
Why is this the best calendar in the world? Let me count the ways.
- It’s big. It’s 25” x 36” so you can see the whole year at once.
2. It’s designed to help you win the week. There aren’t any gaps between the months so that each week flows into the next like it does in real life.
3. It’s beautiful. Who wants to look at an ugly calendar all year?
4. It’s wicked functional. It comes in paper or dry erase to make sure you can use this tool exactly as you want to.
5. It’s encouraging. Each month comes with motivation from me.